Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 12 - 2:00 PM

I had a good visit with the doctor this morning. We talked about the bloating and he gave me a homeopathic. He pointed out that something that I have had for months, and most likely took months to develop, isn’t going to go away overnight. Good point! I think I was so excited about not being in discomfort anymore that I got really disappointed and frustrated when it came back. Realistically I know that I have a long road ahead of me but things are already so much better.

Today I sat in the infrared cabin again. I didn’t even attempt going for a walk. I am tired, I have no energy, it’s cold outside, and it’s snowing. Instead I took a shower, got dressed and stayed in my room. I had “lunch” with my table mates, Skyped with Bob, and now I am here. In a bit I am going back to my room again to read, study Spanish, and watch TV.

I have a love/hate relationship with the soap opera mom watches at 3:10 PM every weekday. The actors are horrible, the writing is worse, and it has gotten even more ridiculous since I first watched it in 2007. Yet I want to know what is going to happen next so I watch it every day! Right after mom calls and we talk.

I did bloat while I was still sipping my broth at lunch. However, I took the probiotic I was given here with lunch and yesterday I didn’t. I was told to just take it in the evening tomorrow. I am guessing the bloating has nothing to do with food intolerances and may just be due to imbalanced gut flora. This too shall pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment