I tried tomatillos for the first time a few months ago - I know, shocking - and fell in love them. I bought a few too many the other day and decided to make a salad.
what you need:
- 4 to 5 tomatillos (about 14 ounces by weight)
- 3 sprigs of parsley
- 1 green onion, top included
- 1/2 small to medium onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon homemade Kombucha (or vinegar works, too)
- 10 to 15 grinds black peppercorns
- 3/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Coconut Aminos
what you do:
Cut tomatillos into bite sized chunks and place in a bowl.
Chop parsley, onion, and green onion in a mini-chopper.
Add all remaining ingredients to tomatillos.
Mix everything really well and serve immediately. If you used Kombucha instead of vinegar you can let it sit at room temp for a few hours to get a little healthy fermentation going.
I ate this salad with left over Slow Cooker Chicken Gizzard and thought it was a good combination.